"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." ~Robert Frost

Friday, October 15, 2010

22 days to go! Oh, and FALL ROCKS!

This will be short, but I just have to say...

I WENT ON A TWO HOUR RUN!!!

It was so very fabulous! The trails were covered with leaves and the wind was blowing and it was sunny and beautiful! At one point, the pine needles were snowing down on me and the sun was shining down through the trees. I LOVE fall running.

The new orthotics I had made at Foot Rx have done a world of good for me. I only ran for about an hour straight, the last hour was quite a struggle though. It made me realize how out of shape I am.

With Shut-In in 3 weeks, I figured I better start kicking my ass some if I hope to finish it. Maybe next year I'll actually be in shape for it. But back to the shins. They didn't hurt much at all! My hips and right knee hurt (that same knee thing during the DuPont half and it's training).

I have also decided to embark on a diet overhaul. Here we go!a

1 comment:

  1. 2 hours?!?! Yippee!! Don't overdo it before Shut-In...you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete