"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

These changes, they're changing me...

Well now, after months of neglect, I have been cleared by my doctor to run 1/2 mile three times a week. I must say... this made my day!

I got a pair of orthotics made that had a high spot in them that caused a foot injury of some kind. After my weight cracking them, I had to take 3.5 months off and heal. (It's hard to stay off your feet as a nurse, and it's impossible not to run down the hall when a bed alarm goes off at night.) Makes the healing process much slower.

Anyways, I am posting to renew the inspiration for myself. I have been mountain biking a lot lately, given the week of spring-like temperatures. It's been awesome, and incredibly inspiring for the spring I get ahead of running.

I have to start slow. (And for anyone that knows me, this is a challenge.) I am allowed 1/2 mile three times a week, never two days in a row. If all goes well, next week it can be a mile, and so on. I can increase milage 1/2 mile per week until 6 weeks. At that point, I can start running 4 times a week. I am determined to stick to this schedule and do my shin-stregnthening exercises. I have missed running too much to stupidly get myself injured again.

I'm excited and look forward to maintaining my blog once again...

In place of a cheesy running quote, I am placing my all-time, most favorite running video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_362jQVXK8k&feature=player_embedded

1 comment:

  1. Think I now have a new favorite running video! It's almost 10pm and I wish I was out on some trail right now.
    Welcome back!!
    Follow your plan!

    ReplyDelete