"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." ~Robert Frost

Friday, March 18, 2011

The day I slowed down

So I am now up to 1.5 mile runs.

For me, apparently this means I can bike for 1-2 hours, then run 1.5 miles, then skip, butt-kick, hop, side-step crossover 1.5 miles.

The biking is pretty normal, but adding my calisthenics made my legs sore. (Suprise) So I had two days of work (no scheduled activities) then yesterday went for my 1.5  mile run. My head is good at justifying a way to get to run more. So yesterday I decided that I could jog slow for the entire 3 miles, and leave out the calisthenics and it'd actually be easier on my legs. So of course, that's what I did.

I was really tight when I started, for at least 1/2 mile. I decided to run naturally for me (less on my toes) and be relaxed. I tried to focus on holding my core tight. Then it got fun. I stayed relatively slow. I heard my garmin alert me to one mile and it had been a while since then. I dreaded looking down to see I had already been my 1.5. Turned out it was 1.42. I finished up my 1.5 and walked 0.2. Then I decided I could just jog slowly. I decided when it started to hurt, I'd walk. I wasn't uncomfortable at all until 2.4 miles had passed. By that point, I was so close to the parking lot, I just slowed down some more.

It was nice to get to "run" the whole time. Today I am biking. I work Saturday so I'll get another run Sunday. Thank you for every chance I get to get to run.

1 comment: