"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." ~Robert Frost

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Trying a Tri...

So my shins are feeling a slight improvement. (YAAAAYYYYY!!!)

I have worn the orthotics all week at work, and iced at least three times a day, if not more. No running or biking this week so far, just one swim. (I feel a little lazy.) My friend has so generously lent me his road bike, and put my pedals on it for me. I get to try that out today (maybe) and am definitely going on a road ride to get used to the experience tomorrow afternoon with a friend also doing the triathlon. I'm getting really excited!

I just watched a video of last year's Lake Logan sprint triathlon. The part I am most nervous about (the swim start) turns out to have been an in-water start. (At least it was last year.) That brings my anxiety down considerably.


I am debating attire, from shorts to shoes.

May go look at Frugal Backpacker today for some tri shorts. I don't want to spend a lot if I'm not going to like the experience. (Even though, it seems like it will suit me perfectly. Rushing through transition stations will be just what my high-strung self loves.) I was just going to throw on some running shorts over my suit to bike and run, but my friend said that the bike seat may chafe my legs without longer shorts. I don't want that.

Shoes wise, I think I have decided on some old Mizuno road shoes. They look really worn, because I wore them on trails primarily, but I think they have only abut 200 miles on them. (Picture included to spice up the post.)

Also, I have come to the conclusion that my beloved Garmin will not be joining me. I don't think you can swim with one, and it really doesnt' seem to be good for me to race with one anyways. I really don't need to know each quarter mile, do I? I'm sure I'll deal with it.
\
But anyways, the gist of the post is to say...

I'm getting so very excited!!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment